Follow these steps and set up your mainland company formation in UAE
Pick your location and activity based on your company's needs
We will complete all paperwork and prepare all legal documents
Receive your license and start your company operations in the UAE
The United Arab Emirates Mainland, with its dynamic and thriving business landscape, provides entrepreneurs with unparalleled opportunities to establish and grow their businesses. Unlike free zones, the UAE Mainland encompasses the entire territory of the Emirates and is subject to the regulations and laws of the federal government. This expansive jurisdiction offers its own unique advantages for investors seeking a presence in the UAE.
Setting up a company in the UAE Mainland offers entrepreneurs the chance to be part of the country’s thriving economy, enjoy a broad range of opportunities, and benefit from the stability and robust infrastructure provided by the government. With its strategic location, world-class facilities, and a pro-business regulatory framework, establishing a company in the UAE Mainland remains an attractive and lucrative choice for ambitious investors and entrepreneurs from around the world.
UAE Mainland Location
Types of Licenses Approved by UAE Mainland
Licensing Options Through the Department of Economic Development for Mainland Company Formation in UAE:Professional License: This type of license is based around services. The skills and expertise of the shareholder(s) will be the main selling point for the business.
Commercial License: A commercial license is issued in the legal form of Sole establishment or limited liability company (LLC). These will usually be for trading and import/export activities.
Branch Office: When making a branch company you are making an extension of the current local or foreign company. It will have the same name and business activities with no separate legal personality.
Representative Office: When setting up a representative office it will be primarily to promote the business and give the parent company more accessibility through expansion.
100% Foreign Ownership Packages - Commercial License
Prices may vary depending on company activity
Limited Liability Company
Terms and Conditions:
- All government fees are subject to change and will be charged as per actual.
- Government fees may vary due to factors such as activity, office space, amount of shareholders, etc.
- Some activities may require additional approval and this price (if any) shall be added on additionally.
- A tenancy agreement is required before the license is received. This is not included and should be obtained through Connect Business Center or independently.
- There will be a 5% market fee (5% of your business’s annual rent) added to the license as it is a government requirement.
- Certain activities require a fully attested degree related to the subject and also 3 year related experience. An exam may be required also.
- A fee of AED 2,000 will apply for a company name that is not of Arabic origin.
- There will be an additional fee for corporate shareholders.
Additional factors to consider depending on the company’s needs:
- Immigration and MOHRE establishment card
- Investor Visa
- Employee Visa
- Medical test and Emirates ID
- Office space
- Corporate shareholders
- Legal form of company
- Additional visa quota
Corporate Bank Accounts
We work closely with several banks in UAE so we can best assist our clients with opening their corporate bank accounts.
The process when forming your Mainland Company Formation in UAE
1 - Trade Name and Initial Approval
2 - Document Signing and Submission
3 - Tenancy Contract and Approvals
4 - Trade license is issued
Why Choose IFZA for Business Setup in Dubai?
A Mainland company has far more freedom when it comes to selling products or services in the UAE than a free zone company. It can carry out it’s operations all over the emirate it was established whereas a free zone company is restricted to that free zone.
Benefits of Company Formation in Mainland UAE
- Ability to deal with the UAE or GCC governments
- Ability to bid for government tenders
- Easy bank account opening
- Banks favor more towards mainland companies making opening corporate accounts easier
- Can be 100% foreign owned due to recent changes in regulations
- Previously there was a requirement for an Emirati to have 51% shares in a commercial license however, that rule has recently changed meaning it can be 100% foreign owned
- Trade Locally, with free zones and internationally
- No restrictions on office location
- Chose an office anywhere
- No restrictions on visa quota
- The price of your license does not affect your visa allowance meaning you can keep applying for more quota
- There is also no requirement for a yearly audit
- Most Free Zones require yearly auditing of the companies
- More comprehensive range of permissible business activities
- No Corporate or income tax
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most common questions we receive about Mainland Company Formation in UAE
Yes! you may have up to 10 activities on your license as long as they are in the same group.
No! There is now no mandatory requirement for an Emirati to hold 51% shares of a company.
For professional licenses a local service agent is required. A Local Service Agent is a UAE national who acts only as a representative. He/She has no civil responsibility and only acts as a representative to enable a foreign entrepreneur to open a business with a professional activity in the UAE. He/She will not have any legal interest in the operations, administrative, company profits, or assets.
Yes! You can request to change your company name at a later date if you would like to. An amendment fee will have to be paid as it will need to be changed on all the legal documents.
We can help you with the processes in the following government departments.
Get In Touch
We would love to discuss your project and ideas with you.
Get in touch to go over legalities and pricing in order to make your idea a reality.
804, City Tower 2, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai