Mainland Company Formation in UAE
Form your company in the UAE and receive all the benefits
Dubai Licenses Starting From AED 18,835
includes govt fee – See Pricing Details
Follow these steps and set up your mainland company formation in UAE
Pick your location and activity based on your company's needs
We will complete all paperwork and prepare all legal documents
Receive your license and start your company operations in the UAE
Documents Required for Mainland Company Formation in UAE
The following documents are required for an individual shareholder for Mainland Company Formation in UAE:
- Copy of shareholder(s) passport(s).
- Shareholder(s) passport photo(s) .
- Copy of shareholder(s) Emirates ID (if the shareholder is a UAE resident).
- Shareholder(s) Visa copy (if the shareholder is a UAE resident).
- NOC from shareholder(s) current sponsor (if required).
- 3-5 potential company names
The following documents are required for a corporate shareholder for Mainland Company Formation in UAE:
- Notarized and attested copy of board resolution.
- Notarized copy of memorandum and articles of association.
- Notarized copy of trade license.
- Notarized copy of certificate of incorporation.
License Options for Mainland Company Formation in UAE
100% Foreign Ownership Packages - Commercial License
Prices may vary depending on company activity
Limited Liability Company
Terms and Conditions:
- All government fees are subject to change and will be charged as per actual.
- Government fees may vary due to factors such as activity, office space, amount of shareholders, etc.
- Some activities may require additional approval and this price (if any) shall be added on additionally.
- A tenancy agreement is required before the license is received. This is not included and should be obtained through Connect Business Center or independently.
- There will be a 5% market fee (5% of your business’s annual rent) added to the license as it is a government requirement.
- Certain activities require a fully attested degree related to the subject and also 3 year related experience. An exam may be required also.
- A fee of AED 2,000 will apply for a company name that is not of Arabic origin.
- There will be an additional fee for corporate shareholders.
Additional factors to consider depending on the company’s needs:
- Immigration and MOHRE establishment card
- Investor Visa
- Employee Visa
- Medical test and Emirates ID
- Office space
- Corporate shareholders
- Legal form of company
- Additional visa quota
The process when forming your Mainland Company Formation in UAE
1 - Trade Name and Initial Approval
2 - Document Signing and Submission
3 - Tenancy Contract and Approvals
4 - Trade license is issued
Mainland Company Formation in UAE
A Mainland company has far more freedom when it comes to selling products or services in the UAE than a free zone company. It can carry out it’s operations all over the emirate it was established whereas a free zone company is restricted to that free zone.
The Benefits of Establishing A Mainland Company Formation in UAE
- Ability to deal with the UAE or GCC governments
- Ability to bid for government tenders
- Easy bank account opening
- Banks favor more towards mainland companies making opening corporate accounts easier
- Can be 100% foreign owned due to recent changes in regulations
- Previously there was a requirement for an Emirati to have 51% shares in a commercial license however, that rule has recently changed meaning it can be 100% foreign owned
- Trade Locally, with free zones and internationally
- No restrictions on office location
- Chose an office anywhere
- No restrictions on visa quota
- The price of your license does not affect your visa allowance meaning you can keep applying for more quota
- There is also no requirement for a yearly audit
- Most Free Zones require yearly auditing of the companies
- More comprehensive range of permissible business activities
- No Corporate or income tax
Licensing Options Through the Department of Economic Development for Mainland Company Formation in UAE
This type of license is based around services. The skills and expertise of the shareholder(s) will be the main selling point for the business. Professional licenses in the UAE only come under the legal form sole establishment. The shareholder may establish the company 100% under his/her own name, with the exception of some activities. You may have more than 1 shareholder for your company but for a professional license you will always need a Local Service Agent. This is an Emirati who will have no shares in your company but will be paid a yearly LSA fee.
A commercial license is issued in the legal form of Sole establishment or limited liability company (LLC). These will usually be for trading and import/export activities.
A commercial company may now be 100% foreign owned due to a change in UAE regulations earlier this year. There is also no Local Service Agent required for this license making it extremely popular at the moment.
When making a branch company you are making an extension of the current local or foreign company. It will have the same name and business activities with no separate legal personality. A special approval is required from the UAE Ministry of Economy when forming a branch office.
When setting up a representative office it will be primarily to promote the business and give the parent company more accessibility through expansion.
Corporate Bank Accounts
We work closely with several UAE banks so we can best assist our clients with opening their corporate bank accounts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most common questions we receive about Mainland Company Formation in UAE
We can help you with the processes in the following government departments.
Get In Touch
We would love to discuss your project and ideas with you.
Get in touch to go over legalities and pricing in order to make your idea a reality.
804, City Tower 2, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai