Apply for a UAE Residence Visa with Connect Zone
In addition to being the destination for many entrepreneurs to start a new business, the United Arab Emirates has been characterized, in recent years, as an attractive country to live in. Thousands of people decide to start a new life surrounded by tall skyscrapers, beautiful beaches, and an avant-garde structure. To achieve this, the application for a UAE residence visa is necessary.
In this article, you will find information about the UAE residence visa, who can opt for one, what are the requirements to apply for it, what is the cost of this type of visa, and how we can help you obtain it.
- What is a residence visa?
- Types of residence visas in the UAE
- Who is eligible for UAE residency?
- How to get a residence visa in the Emirates?
- What are the requirements to apply for a residence visa?
- The cost of a residence visa in the UAE
- Benefits of being a resident in the Emirates
- How to renew your UAE residence visa?
- Differences between the entry permit and a residence visa
- How can we help you apply for a UAE residence visa?
1. What is a residence visa?
A residence visa in the UAE is a permit issued by the government of the United Arab Emirates that allows foreigners to live and work in the country. This permit can be valid for 2, 3, and even 10 years, and a person can renew it as many times as they need.
Many foreign families live in the Emirates for many years by simply renewing their visas at the appropriate time. Permanent stay does not exist in this country, being a resident in the UAE means having a stamp in your passport and living in the country.
2. Types of residence visas in the UAE
The type of visa you are going to apply for is directly related to the purpose of your trip. For example:
2.1 Work visa
This type of visa is aimed at those people who found work in the United Arab Emirates and who obtained the work permit.
2.2 Family visa
Close relatives of citizens or foreigners who reside there can apply for this visa.
2.3 Student visa
Foreigners who have applied and have been accepted in some of the institutions of the UAE may opt for this type of visa.
2.4 Investment visa
People who make a substantial investment in the UAE can opt for this type of visa. This visa has a longer duration than the other residence visas (Up to ten years)
2.5 Retirement visa
Elderly foreigners who want to return to the United Arab Emirates and have the financial support to do so can apply for this visa.
3. Who is eligible for UAE residency?
Foreigners can apply for a residence visa if they are:
3.1 Employed by a company
In this situation, the company that hired the person will act as their sponsor and apply for a residence visa while this person is within the UAE.
3.2 Employed by the government sector
The corresponding government entity will be in charge of acting as a sponsor and applying for the residence visa.
3.3 Owners of a property in the UAE
Those who own property in the United Arab Emirates are eligible for a residence visa, as well as a property visa. In this case, this visa will be sponsored under the property they own.
3.4 University students sponsored
Students who carry out their studies in an Institute of the United Arab Emirates can apply for this visa. In this case, the university will be in charge of being the sponsor and requesting the visa under the name of the institution.
3.5 Sponsored dependents
Dependents that are sponsored by:
- A business owner/investor in the UAE
- A property owner in the UAE
- Someone who has found a job in the UAE
You must remember that dependents include parents, children, close relatives, and maids. Also, a residence visa is issued when the foreigner has decided to enter the country through an entry permit, a long or a short-term tourist or visit visa.
4. How to get a residence visa in the Emirates?
In order to apply for a residence visa, you must follow the following steps:
4.1 Legalization of documents
Firstly, to complete the application process for a UAE residence visa you will need the attestation of the university certificate at the embassy of the United Arab Emirates in the country of residence. This process can take from 2 to 6 weeks, depending on the country.
4.2 Entry permit
Once you have made the application with the authorities for your entry permit, they will deliver it to you in a period of 6 to 9 business days. In some cases, the authorities select some applications for extra review, this can make the process longer.
After the application, the authorities can approve or deny the entry permit, depending on the deduction of the immigration department.
4.3 Status change
When the entry permit is approved, the foreign person is already eligible to enter the United Arab Emirates. This permit is valid for all internal applicants who do not need to leave the country.
The validity of the entry permit is 60 days after the date of issuance. Also, the entrance to the country must be registered in this period and at any of the country’s entry points. Another way to perform this step is to leave the country and enter again using the issued entry permit.
4.4 Medical examination
All foreigners over 18 years of age must undergo medical check-ups before entering the country, as part of the UAE’s immigration regulations. The medical examination includes a chest X-ray for tuberculosis screening, a blood test for HIV/AIDS, etc. The process of this medical report can take from 1 to 4 business days.
4.5 Emirates ID registration and biometrics
Every person over 15 years of age must attend a biometric appointment, which includes the following:
- A digital signature
- A photograph at an approved government center.
In case of renewing an Emirates ID, the biometric process will not be necessary. Generally, the delivery time of the ID is 14 business days. However, this will depend on the approval of your residence and the issuance of the visa.
4.6 Visa stamping
After completing the medical check-up, if the report is normal, the residence permit will be approved by the immigration authorities and the UAE residence visa will be stamped on your passport. This process usually takes 5 to 7 days.
4.7 Receiving Emirates ID Card
After approval of your visa by government authorities, the Emirates ID will be processed. The EID authorities issue the ID when they receive confirmation from the Immigration department. In general, the total time for this process is 7 business days.
5. What are the requirements to apply for a residence visa?
When you are applying for a new residence visa in the UAE, you must submit the following documents:
- Your original passport
- Entry permit
- The UAE visa application received either online or via the nearest typing center
- Two photos the size of your passport, as stated in the visa application regulations in the UAE
- For a work wisa, the company must include a copy of the employment contract and copies of the valid firm card and valid trade license.
- Proof of your UAE medical insurance plan
- For family visas, proof of family ties must be included. For example, marriage certificates or birth certificates.
6. The cost of a residence visa in the UAE
The cost of a residence visa in the UAE will depend on its validity period. You can view some prices in the following list:
- Investor visa: This 3-year residence visa in Dubai costs AED 2,478 per year.
- Family visa (For the family of a partner): This 3 years residence visa in Dubai costs AED 2,478 per year.
- Family visa (For the family of an employee): This visa has a validity period of 2 years and has a cost of AED 3,727.
- Working visa: This visa has a validity period of 2 years and has a cost of AED 3,727.
7. Benefits of being a resident in the Emirates
By becoming a legitimate resident of the United Arab Emirates, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Access government health services and health insurance
- Access financial facilities
- Open a bank account
- Apply for a driving license
- Travel visa-free to certain destinations
- Work and invest
- Register your children in government schools
8. How to renew your UAE residence visa?
To renew your visa, your sponsor must do so within 30 days before the expiration date. However, your sponsor can renew after the expiration date, as long as it is within the UAE residence visa’s expiry grace period.
The process of renewing a visa is very similar to the process of acquiring one for the first time. Your sponsor must apply for a new Visa for you at the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs in the corresponding Emirate.
8.1 UAE Residence visa: Expiry grace period
The authorities of the United Arab Emirates offer an extension of time when your UAE residence visa expires, this time is 30 days, which means that even if your visa expired you can stay in the country for one more month.
However, if at the end of 30 days you have not renewed your visa, you must leave the country and enter again with an entry permit. If you stay longer, you will receive a fine for each extra day.
9. Differences between the entry permit and a residence visa
The difference between an entry permit and a UAE residence visa lies in the following aspects:
- The entry permit allows foreigners to enter the country for a specific period (usually three months).
- This permit goes in accordance with the purpose of your trip, for example, an entry permit for tourism is a UAE tourist visa.
- Your sponsor must make sure to apply for your entry permit before you enter the United Arab Emirates.
- Once you have entered the country, then your sponsor will be able to apply for your residence visa.
In addition to this, some nationalities do not need an entry permit or can obtain one upon arrival in the country.
The new residence visa in the UAE allows foreigners to reside in the country for a longer period. Once you enter the country, your sponsor must complete the application process for a residence visa with the corresponding government entities.
10. How can we help you apply for a UAE residence visa?
The United Arab Emirates, over the years, has become the destination that receives thousands of people annually, looking for a change in their lives. These changes always bring with them procedures, paperwork, and a lot of documentation, and this is where Connect Zone can be your best ally.
In our agency, you will find trusted advisors who will accompany you every step of the way to obtain your UAE residence visa, we can offer you our services through your visa application, and also we can help you open an account in the bank of your choice.
Would you like to learn more? You can contact us by writing an email to email@example.com where you will speak with one of our representatives, who will gladly answer all your questions.