Food Manufacturing Company Training in UAE | Complete Guide
If you are thinking of starting a food manufacturing company in UAE, you must know certain aspects for it to be successful. Additionally, food manufacturing is a good option because it is a rapidly expanding economic sector. In the same way, the UAE is a country where expatriates find opportunities that they should take advantage of.
In this article, you will learn everything there is to know about food companies in the United Arab Emirates. Likewise, you will be able to see what permits and other details you will need to start a company of this type.
Overview of the Manufacturing Industry in Dubai, UAE
The top food manufacturing companies in UAE contribute around AED 1.3 billion to the GDP of the country. As a consequence, this sector has become the most profitable and competitive in the Arab environment in the last few years. However, despite the success of this business sector, entrepreneurs did not remain stagnant.
Thus, currently in Dubai, the government is promoting the industrial economy on track to 2023 for which it invested the sum of AED 30 million. This is to increase the economy and GDP contribution to AED 300,000 by the year 2031. Some recent statistics say that the main food items in the global industry are in the food and beverage manufacturing companies in UAE.
The calculation is 76% and dried and fresh fruits obtained the highest percentage with 13%. Next, there is the category of Meat with 11%, dairy products 10%, oilseeds 7%, cereals 7%, and others 6%.
List of Food Manufacturing Companies in UAE
Below, you will know the list of the most profitable businesses in the food industry in the United Arab Emirates:
- Food truck
- Beverages is manufacturing
- Hotels, cafes, and restaurants
- Butcher shops
- Food Catering Units such as events, suppliers to cruise ships, and more
- Food factories and food warehouses
- Manufacturers and suppliers of food packaging materials
- Grocery stores
- Poultry products
These are the options for a food manufacturing company in UAE from which you can choose the one that suits you best.
Steps to Obtain a Manufacturing License in Dubai UAE
When you want to start a frozen food manufacturing companies in UAE or otherwise, you should seek expert advice. In this case, with expert advice, you can make the process easier and you can take care of other areas. Likewise, to start, choose the sector you want to work with or the product categories you want to trade.
Below is a small list of them so that it can serve as a guide for you:
- Flavors and fragrances
- Natural and Organic Foods
- Food products
- Baby food
- Frozen food
All these options are just examples; you can put your original ideas into practice in the country to make a difference. This way, you can compete with bigger companies by growing steadily as you take advantage of the great economic market.
Registering Your Company Name
Then, to start your food manufacturing company in UAE, choose the name that will distinguish your company. Thus, start doing the process which is easy but you will have to comply with the Emirates rules and conventions. In this case, avoid blasphemous or offensive words, for example, those offensive against the moral.
Also, put a name that has not been used by any other existing industry, because it will be denied. Subsequently, if you already have some options for names, check if it is available and then you will only need to register it with the authorities in charge.
Acquiring a Business License
Another important step in starting a food manufacturing company in UAE is acquiring the required licenses. In this particular, when it comes to the food and beverage industry, you will have to obtain a business license and a food license. The trade license is what any business will need to operate in the UAE, not just the food business.
On the other hand, the free zone business license is legal in this corporate sector and has a large number of advantages. Likewise, one of them is the right to have full (100%) ownership of your company. In this particular, it refers to companies that do not belong to the GCC.
In addition to the previous benefits, the process to request it is more fluid and can be extended for up to 10 years. Also, remember that you must also apply for your official food license for the United Arab Emirates. Hence, with this license, your company is complying with the laws regarding food and health protocols and standards.
By obtaining the right licenses for a food manufacturing company in UAE, you will be able to establish your business with ease. Additionally, you will be able to see in detail what the licenses you will need to request are as follows:
- Food Manufacturing License. This license allows you to process and manufacture food. With this license, you would be complying with food safety and hygiene laws.
- UAE Business License. It is what allows you to trade with products manufactured internationally and locally. Generally, it will be necessary to be able to distribute the products at a regional and global level.
- Dubai Trading License. The license allows your business to operate within the Emirate of Dubai without problems. Likewise, you will need it to make sales, distribution, and any commercial transaction.
Completing the Visa Processes
Apart from the license, you will need a visa for food and beverages manufacturing companies in UAE. To do this, you will need to have a physical fitness exam as well as a complete medical exam that will include a blood test and chest X-rays.
On the other hand, with the Emirates visa, you could sponsor dependents including your spouse, parents, and children. In addition, you can also sponsor drivers and domestic staff with a special permit from the authorities of the UAE.
Opening a Bank Accounts
Another requirement for you to work with a food manufacturing company in UAE is the opening of a corporate bank account. With it, you can receive and make all the payments you need in the United Arab Emirates. However, if you belong to a group of business people who live outside the GCC, the process could be a bit cumbersome.
Cost of a Manufacturing License in Dubai, UAE
The cost of starting a food manufacturing company in UAE starts at AED 13800. In addition to the cost of the license, there are other costs related to permits, facilities, personal visas, and equipment. In this case, a good consulting organization can help you with the associated cost of your business.
Necessary Documents to Open a Manufacturing Company in Dubai, UAE
To apply for a food manufacturing license in Dubai, you must submit a report specifying everything related to your factory. In this case, we talk about financing sources, structural plans, equipment data, and production costs. Likewise, to open the company you will have to obtain the consent of the Ministry of Health as well as the Ministry of the Environment and Water.
Furthermore, for the license for a food manufacturing company in UAE, you have to submit the approval accompanied by these documents:
- Copy of your passport
- Business feasibility study
- Completed application form
- Forecast or balance
Budget for a Food Company in Dubai
To establish a food and beverage industry in the emirate of Dubai, take into account the variables regarding location, scale, facility, and equipment. Likewise, whether your company operates on land or in free zones, the impact will affect costs. Next, we show you an analysis of the costs based on its main components, in addition to the license:
- Renting or leasing. The location of your business will affect costs, whether in free zones or on the mainland. However, if you decide to place it in the free zones, you will have more attractive rental rates, as well as better facilities for food manufacturing.
- Equipment and facilities. An important factor in setting up a food business is the initial equipment costs. Similarly, purchase the latest technology for your business.
- Labor costs. With your business, you will promote jobs in food manufacturing companies in UAE. In this case, you will have to hire qualified professionals such as workers, quality control experts, and chefs. In a nutshell, these are your operating expenses.
- Quality guarantee. To meet quality standards as well as regulations, you will have to invest in staff training. Also, you will have to pay costs for certifications and suitable monitoring systems.
How to Gain Ground in Food Manufacturing Company in UAE and Dubai
In Dubai and the rest of the Emirates, competition in the food commercial sector is strong, so you will have to generate brand identification. In the same way, promote all the products you offer. To do this, you can use good digital marketing strategies that will connect with a larger audience, targeting potential clients.
The objective of this is to create a very solid base of loyal customers, captivating them with eye-catching packaging and through social networks. Additionally, you can think of the following aspects for your food company in the UAE:
First, you must plan carefully, addressing the licensing, regulations, and costs of the food industry in Dubai. Also, you must consider hiring professionals to help and guide you through all the processes. With the help of professionals in these efforts, you will be guaranteed success at a percentage greater than if you did it yourself.
Participate in Events that can Maximize the Success of Your Company
In Dubai, there are several events that you can take advantage of to boost your business in the Emirates. Likewise, this can help you stand out in the great competition of companies dedicated to this category of commerce. Below, you will be able to find out what these events are that can help you get contacts and stay updated in this business world:
- It is a show that is dedicated to promoting both the food and beverage industry worldwide.
- It is the fishing trade fair where you will find good options to connect with restaurants, hotels, distributors, and wholesalers.
- It is considered the largest fair in the world for candy manufacturers and producers.
- Gulfood Manufacturing. With that food and beverage manufacturing event, you will get the opportunity to connect with around 1600 suppliers from all regions.
You can Choose a Business with Less Costs Like a Food Truck
A good option to start a business is the food truck, which would generate fewer costs. Moreover, many people started their businesses this way and have then found success expanding in the Emirates. Below are the steps you will need to follow to start a food truck business in Dubai:
- Request the required approvals from the authorities of:
- Department of Economic Development
- Dubai Municipality
- Roads and Transportation Authority (RTA)
- Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA)
- Purchase a truck and have it designed by contractors, according to Dubai municipal regulations.
- Present the design to the municipality to receive approval.
- Achieve Critical Control Point (HACCP) and Hazard Analysis compliance. With this consent, you will ensure that your product is offered in a safe and clean environment.
- Acquire a food truck license to make your business legal.
- Choose the location in a key location.
- Start working.
Accordingly, if you want to start a food manufacturing company in UAE, plan every step carefully. With this, you will be able to take advantage of the business potential that this industrial category has in the Emirates. However, be sure to include good marketing to increase your chances of success in your business.
In this sense, if you want advice, you can contact us and we will be providing you with the support you need. In addition, our organization can help you create your company in various economic areas in the country. This way, you can ensure compliance with local laws and establish a successful business.